Main purpose of role:
- The Data Governance Manager is the subject matter expert in Data Governance who leads Gamma’s data management goals, standards, practices, process, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data at all times.
- The Data Governance Manager is a manager to the Data Governance Analyst(s).
The Data Governance manger:
- Is responsible for developing and driving data management and data governance framework that addresses data privacy, compliance, aligned to the data protection strategy.
- Owns Gamma’s Data Governance programme which operates, reviews, improves data security, and reduces the risk of fines, legal implications and reputational damage in respect to breaches of data.
- Manages complex tasks to conclusion including legal requirements to GDPR through ROPA’s, DPIAs and data mapping, managing risks and stakeholders effectively.
- Is the subject matter expert in Data Governance and legislation requirements including - Data Protection Act 2018, GDPR UK & EU, PECR)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish all Data Governance issues, acting as expertise in day-to-day activities and incident management.
- Lead and develop the Data Governance team
- Providing subject matter expert guidance on Data Governance to programmes of works on how Gamma should store, processes, retain and delete data. Programme of works includes (but not exclusive) Gamma products, critical systems, processing activities etc.
- Understanding of risk-based decision making
- Independence in Data Governance decision making in relation to problem solving and incident management.
- Contribute to the decision-making process up to director level of Data Governance requirements influencing Gamma product, process, and change.
- Internally at Director level and the Group DPO’s
- Externally with regulators and stakeholders requiring a subject matter expert in data governance.
- Articulate and professional verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate at various levels throughout the business, mainly with other subject matter experts and above.
- Ability to manage a team, including setting out objectives, expectations, developing skills and ensuring performance is managed in line with Gamma policy.
Experience and skills needed:
- Proven and demonstratable experience in managing Data Governance and Data Management strategy and implementation.
- GDPR Practitioner or equivalent
- Working with and up to Director level leadership
- Professional certification desirable e.g., Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)