Reports To: Head of Digital
Location: Blackfriars, London & some WFH days
Role type: Full-time, permanent, £42-45,000 per annum
Internet Matters is a not-for-profit organisation that helps parents, carers and professionals keep children and young people safe online.
We have not yet reached our 10th birthday but are one of the leading online safety organisations in the UK working with major global brands like Meta, Google, and TikTok and our founding partners BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media O2.
We’re here to offer the best advice and information available to help parents, carers and professionals engage in the online lives of children and young people, empowering them to manage the risks they may face online.
We exist to:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic data analyst professional to join our growing digital team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collect, analyse, and interpret data, contributing invaluable insights and recommendations to be used across the business. Your efforts will play a pivotal role in enhancing our digital marketing initiatives and facilitating data-driven optimisation for our digital products.
Responsible for a core set of business reports and MI, you will develop, drive, and lead data-related change initiatives including the standardisation of data recording and reporting, and data quality improvement initiatives.
You will be able to communicate clearly and knowledgeably about all aspects of report development and engage stakeholders across Internet Matters in identifying how data can be utilised in new and innovative ways to enhance planning, monitoring and delivery of core business strategies.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data, has strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to deliver clear and concise analysis to support our organisation.
Forecasting and KPI Management
Leading the business through an annual process to forecast and agree on performance metrics for our core business KPIs, working collaboratively on appropriate target setting across different departments.
Management of Business Reporting suite within requirements of impact framework
Management and delivery of our reporting suite as specified within our performance impact framework to include:
Partner and Project reporting
Build, deliver and maintain partner and project-specific reporting as agreed with relevant internal and external teams.
Driving ongoing optimisation and improvement to our reporting using opportunities within the GA4 environment.
Engagement and digital impact metrics
Investment in understanding how best to measure onsite engagement and delivering insights back to the business to monitor and optimise our performance as we drive improvements to our user experience.
Automation and standardisation of reporting
Streamlining and optimising our reporting structure to allow efficiencies in the process, including automation, avoidance of overlap, ensuring accuracy and a single and agreed source of key metrics.
Implement and audit analytics tagging and tracking for our portfolio of digital products using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely and other tools. Also ensuring all our activity is effectively tagged and attributed to allow accurate reporting data.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, and best practices for data analysis such as Google Analytics.
• Recommend process improvements and tools to enhance data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
Qualifications: Degree educated or compensating work experience
Experience and Skills - essential:
• Ability to build on existing performance measurement frameworks, understanding analysis and leading on driving these forwards.
• A technical understanding of various data capture and analysis tools including strong experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for user-centred analysis and to evaluate service and/or product performance.
• Fundamental knowledge of best-practice analytics principles in web analytics and approaches to digital measurement; and understanding and/or experience of conversion rate optimisation.
• Communicating analysis and insight, with experience of visualisation tools to provide stakeholders performance insights such as Looker Studio and Supermetrics, including experience of ‘storytelling’ through data and explaining user behaviour.
• Experience of communicating and sharing learnings across teams, and the wider organisation, promoting a user-centred culture and participating in technology communities.
• An understanding of analysis across the product life cycle, with knowledge of how to deep-dive into data to explain the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of the user journey, and experience of collaborating with other teams to use data to improve products and/or services through UX design and making evidence-based decision making.
• Eagerness to expand your analytics knowledge and share it with others in the team.
• Team player with experience working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and organising skills.
• Willing to be hands-on and adaptable in the role.
• Self-starter that rises to an unusual challenge and is open to working in a dynamic and growing organisation.
• Keen to learn more about internet safety for children.
Experience and Skills – desirable
This role is advertised with the following salary and benefits:
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover note explaining your interest in and suitability for the role to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 21 February 2024.
Shortlisted candidates will initially be asked to attend an interview via video call with the Head of Digital.