At Nectar, we’re busy building the best loyalty programme we can and getting to know our customers better than anyone else. With over 20 million Nectar users and over 5 billion Nectar points shared, we’re the market leader in delivering superior data analytics.
Although we’re a front runner, you won’t find the typical stuffy corporate culture here. We pride ourselves on encouraging innovation, autonomy and future thinking. All the things that ensure we continue to be ahead of the curve in a competitive environment.
Based on The Strand, we’ve ensured that our team are in the thick of it. In our hub you’ll find a fast paced, exciting, game-changing environment, basically all the great things you would expect to find in a start-up agency, but with the richest commercial data on the market at your fingertips.
If you’re looking for an energetic environment where your talent can grow, we are actively recruiting for a Lead Data Scientist to join our Nectar family.
- Play a critical role in the development of Nectar’s data science capabilities and the integration of this capability into the day to day operation of the business. Setting objevtices objectives and strategy for the Data Science team
- Be creative and apply your experience of data science to solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions across the Nectar business. This will include 1) the enrichment of our data asset; 2) improvements in the effieciency and effectiveness of our Nectar products and propositions 3) the application of data science to bespoke Nectar Partner and i2c clients challanges
- Be autonomous in the hands-on delivery of advanced analytical projects including using all types of data sources (structured/unstructured)
- Distil these approaches and learnings into coherent user stories and present back to the relevant stakeholders across the business to identify commercial opportunities and maximise impact
- Provide hands-on technical advice and coaching to the wider team of data scientists, analysts and engineers on the application of data science techniques and spot opportunities to apply new techniques to improve exisitng approaches to problems
- Significant experience using and deploying Data Science
- An awareness of how data science is being used in the broader market and opportunities to bring these techniques to bare in Nectar Loyalty
- A university degree (2:1 or higher) in a numerate discipline, a research degree in natural sciences, maths or computing is desirable.
- We mainly develop in python however, knowledge of any other programming languages (R, C++, Scala) applied to data analytics will also be considered
- Experience with Big Data technology, e.g. AWS, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with analytical and statistical modelling tools.
- Experience of using data to drive commercial and actionable insights for businesses
- Proven success of collaborating with internal stakeholders and clients, supported by examples of driving projects forward and delivering to plan.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technology and analytics concepts coherently and meaningfully to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable working in a sometimes ambiguous environment with the ability to think innovatively and a passion for solving problems
- Experience with SQL based databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server)