At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our Ewloe, London and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. We offer competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Join the Data Science and Analytics Team?
The Data Science and Analytics Team are part of the MoneySuperMarket Group Team whose goal is to drive business growth through the development of outstanding customer experiences. We are data driven; combining customer research, analytics data and control testing techniques to uncover the insights that drive growth.
The team is instrumental to the creation of actionable insights that lead to issue identification and journey improvements in the MSM customer experience. The role is also critical to the strategic development of the Teams’ analytical capabilities and processes.
Why Our Role?
The Senior Data Scientist is instrumental to informing and delivering a best-in-class data science across a new MoneySuperMarket App, which will drive a personalized user experience.
Your data science focus will specifically be on how to surface the most relevant content to a user, including the commercial trigger of a click out or purchase. Creating models using machine learning techniques and utilizing large datasets will be key to the success of the project.
The role also includes a position on the new propositions leadership team (as data lead) and will involve a close working relationship with a more junior product analyst.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and monitor models to predict the most relevant content to surface to a customer, based on their data.
- Develop and monitor models to predict the most relevant future product (i.e. credit card or loan) for each user, based on their data.
- Develop a deep understanding of business performance levers, adding insight to information and helping to form recommendations as to how to improve performance.
- Undertake hands on analytics.
- Analyse and provide insight on conversion journeys by user demographics, and a multitude of business dimensions.
- Prepare and present compelling visual representations of the analysis that is easy to share and understand, with various stakeholders from exec level down.
- Work closely with the wider Data Science, Product and Tech teams to provide collaborative insight on customer behaviour across our products.
- Input experimentation recommendations through the company’s test and learn strategy.
- Input into the decision making process as part of the Apps leadership team
- Aiding the product analyst on user behaviour
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential, however you must also be able to interpret and bring to life analysis in order to paint compelling stories for the business.
- Passionate about data science and the value it brings
- Open minded and data driven, seeking the answer to business growth from data.
- Experience using SQL to pull, extract and analyse data.
- Be proficient in at least 1 statistical package (R/Python preferred).
- Good working knowledge of statistical methods.
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools such as Tableau, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- A passion for improvement.
- Well organised, detail-oriented, Deadline-focused, hard-working and self-motivated.
- Ability to gather and interpret business needs and requirements.
- Web and gadget savvy (tablet, mobile etc.).
- Confidence presenting ideas at various senior management levels.
- Customer focused as well as commercially astute, with a well-rounded view of MoneySupermarket’s key goals.
- You have a desire to understand, in detail, visitor conversion journeys.
Nice to have:
- Foundational understanding of how an App works.
- Experience in recommending data strategies and out of the box thinking to achieve the best analytics solution.
- Experience working in the financial services industry, particularly retail banking