Springer Nature is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist for the newly created “analytics centre of excellence” serving the Research division that includes Nature, Springer, BioMedCentral and ScientificAmerican.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be analysing big data from very highly trafficed websites and content. You will provide actionable analysis and insight into the behaviour of researchers in both their roles as authors and users of scientific information as well as general trends in the world of research. Driving change that improves their experience with SpingerNature and supports our purpose to advance discovery.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, analysing and blending data to produce business and customer insights, and give recommendations on how to further improve Springer Nature’s products, services and platforms
- Build strong and proactive relationships with relevant business stakeholders and senior management, providing insights and analytics to support in achieving the strategic goals of the business
- Increase the adoption of data science, standardise analytics tools across the organization, improve data management and reporting, and make data led insight accessible to the business
- Being an advocate for a data-driven culture, share thought leadership on tools and best practices,
- Introducing compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards that allow right decision-making in a timely manner
- Leading the journey towards more advanced and predictive analytics using statistical modelling, machine learning and AI
- University degree with a strong analytical/quantitative background or equivalent experience (e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, Computer Science etc.)
- Ability to extract, cleanse and combine data and make sense of it using software and tools like SQL, Big Query, Python/R, Tableau
- Strong statistical and machine learning skills with some experience in NLP and the desire to learn more.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories from the data
- Strong ability to influence, with highly effective negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience in identifing patterns and connecting different pieces of information to deliver unobvious insights drawing information from diverse and varied sources.
- Demonstrable experience of using data insights and analytics to add tangible value in achieving the wider goals and strategy of the business
- Excellent analytical problem solving capabilities coupled with business acumen
- Well organized and accurate with good time management
- Good networker, able to build up effective relations with internal business partners