IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We are recruiting a technically proficient, adaptive person who has experience analysing, designing and developing information solutions to support health and clinical data analytics. This person will be part of an expert technical team and cross-functional country deployment team, responsible for the technical analysis, deployment, testing and customization of a solution to support an oncology data network across Europe.
- Independently lead the development of small to medium system components
- Contribute to the design and development of new features and applications
- Unit testing, functional and automated testing of new functionality
- Review of functional specifications and production of design artefacts
- Coordinate release management activities, including alignment with quality and validation processes
- Communicating, collaborating and supporting the core development team, distributed country development teams and participating vendors
- Provide technical thought leadership and help evaluate emerging technologies and 3rd party products
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years professional experience backend Java development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field
- Experience with REST API’s, XML and XSD, including development of
- Experience with Event-driven Messaging and SOA approaches, including one or more of:
- Apache Kafka/Camel, Pentaho, Talend, Mulesoft, Tibco
- Ideally possesses experience with integration of analytical packages such as Python, R – experience with the latter beneficial
- Experience with at least one RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
- Ideally possesses experience with development of data warehouse and multi-dimensional database solutions, including staging, ETL and reporting/analytics
- Able to develop queries/procedures in SQL (e.g. PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Exposure to both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience in creating unit tests, TDD (test driven development)
- Familiarity with Apache open-source frameworks
- Experience in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience of Master & Reference Data Management
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills
- Exposure to healthcare \ life sciences \ clinical trials \ pharmaceutical data is highly preferred
Will be based at the London office
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.