This very successful international consultancy uses modern techniques including continuous integration and delivery. They pride themselves on being a learning team and organisation, always striving to be better than they were yesterday. Come and join this progressive enterprise and enjoy a great place to work with some amazing benefits.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Data Engineering team shares responsibility for storing, processing, analysing, and making data available
- Help other local market teams deliver their client engagements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a shared data environment and processing different data feeds.
- Collaborate closely on code and approaches to development with peers in other regions.
- Drive excellence in data engineering and implementing software at a global level.
- Adopt and extend new techniques, tools and products.
- Take data science prototypes and other proofs-of-concept and help turn them into operational systems.
Experience & Skills Required
- Design and build platforms and tools, including the cloud automation and services that support and enable them.
- Confidently work within the community of data engineering experts and assist other teams that need help with data engineering.
- Implement data cleaning and processing designed by you and other data engineers.
- Be able to improve the quality of work.
- Monitor and resolve issues in operational systems.
- Confidently write Python code.
- Be able to maintain apps in R and Shiny advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of Spark (or similar) to scalable process data in an automated or easily repeatable manner highly desirable.
- You are used to investigating data sources for quality issues, and data code for performance and scalability issues.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk