Are you a talented data engineer looking for your next challenge? Then this role will be an exciting prospect for you. Working for our international client that leads the way in the field of analytics, you will be joining a well-established team that supports and encourages professional development as well as offering a superb salary package.
Role & Responsibilities
- Helps other local market teams deliver their client engagements.
- Develop and maintain a shared data environment and process different data feeds.
- Work to identify and encourage better working practices
- Collaborate closely on code and approaches to development with peers in other regions.
- Build tools and techniques that support data analysis.
- Set the standard for how the company stores, processes, analyses and makes data available.
- Adopt and extend new techniques, tools and products developed in other offices.
- Responsible for the automated ingestion, cleaning and processing of a range of datasets.
- Work closely with the other teams that need help with data engineering.
Experience & Skills Required
- Be able to line manage, direct and co-ordinate the work of the Data Operations team.
- Confidently drive excellence in data engineering, architecting and implementing software at a global level.
- Design and build platforms and tools.
- Take data science prototypes and other proofs-of-concept and help turn them into operational systems.
- Line manage direct and co-ordinate the work of the Data Engineering team.
- Successfully bring together and foster a community of data engineering experts that will work together across EMEA.
- Improve the quality of our work, both through reviewing pull requests and directly mentoring and coaching.
- Monitor and resolve issues in operational systems.
- Familiar with writing Python code.
- You will have used Spark (or similar) to scalable process data in an automated or easily repeatable manner
- Experience of R and Shiny advantageous.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk