This organisation supports innovation in intelligent energy systems to transform the UK’s capability and help drive future economic growth. They seek to open up routes to market for innovators, as well as supporting them to understand how their products, services and value propositions fit into the transforming their industry. The Data Science team is a key capability within the Digital Asset group and uses it expertise with cutting edge data science, machine learning methods, and data analytics to support innovation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with other teams to shape the Data Science offering.
- Develop and apply advanced mathematical analysis techniques to generate data insights, visualisations and algorithms.
- Process large and complex data sets.
- Provide technical data analysis advice and guidance to internal and external delivery teams.
- Communicate data insights to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Shape and develop the data analytics function within the Innovation team.
- Lead a team of data scientists to deliver various projects
- Develop algorithm specifications and test documentation and data algorithm solutions
- Generate analytics reports, insights and visualizations as required to promote new analytics concepts.
- Work to tight deadlines.
Experience & Skills Required
- Educated to degree, or equivalent, in a data science/analytics, engineering or technical discipline.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Confident presenting to wide range of audiences
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Background in the application of at least one of the following - Stochastic models, Bayesian
- Modelling, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Machine Learning
- Demonstrable algorithms development experience in software languages such as Python, Ruby, Visual Basic or similar
- Experience of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Comfortable working with different Data Science tools
Able to successfully manage relations with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Shape and development of an innovative data analytics function.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk