ASOS burst onto the scene in 2000 and now has 9 country-specific websites, shipping to 240 countries.Our Head Office is based in London, along with several other key offices located around the globe, including the US, France, Germany and Australia. We have 80,000+ product lines with 3,000+ being added every week. We have over 3.2 million visits daily and over 13 million active customers. Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion destination for 20-somethings, therefore it is vitally important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
We look for people who are:
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
As a BI Business Analyst at ASOS you will discover, delve into and analyse important data and use it to direct the decisions we make about the future of ASOS. You will join a nurturing Business Insights and Information Management function and will be fully supported as you hit the ground running and grow into an integral part of our ambitious growth targets.
This is truly Big Data and you will use your investigative nature and problem-solving skills to understand how data and technology drives our business forward and you will innovate new ways that enable us to gain competitive advantage by understanding the masses of information we available to us.
This is a rare opportunity to join an incredibly successful business that is still extremely dynamic in approach. Want to be a part of a great success story but still have the freedom to explore new and better ways of doing things? Get in touch…
What you will be doing:
- Building strong relationships with end users, enabling them to get the most out of our BI solutions
- Analyse the scale and impact of the business change from the perspective of people, process, technology and data
- Work with the Data Services Leadership team and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problem and business case – be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and BI Roadmap
- Elicit, analyse, validate, consolidate and prioritise the high level business requirements using appropriate requirements definition techniques
- Communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques
- Collect and validate the non-functional requirements, including performance, implementation design, usability, security & audit, and appropriate legislative requirements
- Coordinate the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options in collaboration with the BI Architect and BI Technical Leads
- Lead the refinement of the requirements and business solution definition, including acceptance criteria working closely with the key stakeholders
- Support QA activities by ensuring acceptance criteria are well documented and have the appropriate level of coverage
- Collaborate with the Agile Delivery Manager, Product Manager and Business stakeholders to plan post implementation assessments, benefits tracking and realisation – this includes supporting the business during warranty and ensuring that any defects or enhancement requests are well defined and prioritised appropriately
- Work as an ambassador for the technical capability of ASOS IT both internally and externally
- Work with IT Architects, technical specialists, third party software vendors and consultants to ensure that ASOS.com becomes an innovative developer and adopter of big data technologies
- Take part in team and department level meetings and functions
- Participate in and contribute to the ASOS Business Analysis Community of Practice
Who we’d like to meet:
You’re an experienced BI Business Analyst with a technical or mathematics background and a sense of humour, who wants to join a fun but fast-paced business where you can enjoy seeing the effects of your hard work. You’ll also have:
- Strong commercial BI Business Analysis experience in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements, interacting with business stakeholders through workshops, interviews & meetings, and written communication
- Proven experience of working closely with business stakeholders and IT teams to deliver robust and efficient solutions
- Experience of the full project lifecycle from project initiation through to benefits realisation
- Experience of working within structured and agile (SCRUM and Kan Ban) project environments
- Understanding of Big Data concepts
- Experience of data analysis and data profiling
- Experience of producing data mappings from source to target
- Able to actively manage own development and skills, with a clear awareness of own strengths and opportunities for growth
Not essential, but it’ll be extra awesome if you have:
- Computer Science, Maths or similar degree
- ISEB/BCS Business Analysis Certification
- Exposure to:
- Cloud based databases; SQL Azure
- Experience of working in virtualized environments
- Principles of Data Stewardship and Data Governance
If you want to work in a place where fashion and technology make perfect partners, check out some of our opportunities and get in touch!