Sartorius develop automated laboratory systems which integrate novel hardware and software solutions with electronics, sensor technology and single use consumables to provide easy-to-use platforms for development scientists within the modern life sciences industry. Sartorius is looking for a capable Data Scientist to contribute to development projects and shape how we process and analyse multivariate data.
Key job accountabilities will include:
- Formatting data (and automating the formatting of data) from a broad range of sources for analysis.
- Working with multi-discipline engineering teams to analyse experimental data, present conclusions and shape the development of software and hardware systems.
- Working with software development teams to encode data formatting and data analysis algorithms into finished products.
- Multivariate Data Analysis – likely with SIMCA.
- Evaluation of spectroscopy data.
- Assisting with troubleshooting customer issues relating software data processing.
This role will be based in Royston, Cambridge UK supporting the development teams located there but may require occasional travel to customers and other development groups within the worldwide Sartorius organisation.
PhD/ EngD, MSc, or Degree level qualification plus equivalent experience in relevant field of study, e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mathematics.
- General Programming skills and data manipulation (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
- Mathematical statistical scripting (e.g. R or Matlab)
- Multivariate Data Analysis (e.g. SIMCA, PLS Toolbox, Unscrambler)
- Mathematical / Statistical data evaluation methods and algorithms
- Spectroscopy data evaluation (ideally Raman and NIR)
Key job skills
- Rapid software prototyping / scripting.
- Multivariate data analysis.
- Mathematical / Statistical data evaluation.
- Spectroscopy data evaluation.
- Cell culture experience.
- Engineering Product Development Lifecycle.
- Software Development Process.
- Experimental design, including Design Of Experiments approaches.