- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI & ML) is revolutionising large parts of the financial services industry..
- Excelian’s Digital Consulting team is investing heavily in these technologies, and is actively building up a new AI, ML and Analytics Practice – we are therefore looking to hire Data Scientists into our newly-formed London AI & ML team. This will complement our existing Digital
- Experience, Data Science, Big Data Engineering, Cloud and Grid Computing, and DevOps areas.
- The new practice is a start-up environment within a large company – you will be conducting analysis, design and development of prototypes and POCs, using cutting-edge techniques, and with major clients. However, we are not alone – there is an active AI community within the broader Luxoft, focussed on other verticals (eg automotive and healthcare).
- We are interested in hearing from individuals with a strong AI & ML background. Deep Learning and NLP, and associated techniques are of particular interest, as is AI / human interaction.
Current projects include (among others):
- Extraction of information about trades and market features from instant messages and various other channels
- Analysis and development of predictive analytics for trading in certain markets
- Development of sector-specific intelligent assistants
- Capital Optimization
- You will work alongside a strong, global team of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills in analytics and data science to:
- Analyse, design and develop AI & ML prototypes and proof of concepts
- Identify and ingest data sources, whether internally or for clients, and perform feature engineering for integration into models
- Build analytical data models on ML platforms, to successfully realise client goals.
You will assist the practice in:
- Developing practice thought leadership materials Participating in pre-sales work and client work as necessary
- Discovering and verifying opportunities for new business Helping to structure work, planning new analyses, translating business questions into analytical projects
- You will collaborate with business and technology partners to grow and develop the data science practice
Your Skills Required:
- Strong modelling skills in one or more of neural networks, classification, clustering and regression problems, NLP, multivariate analysis (MVA), time series, and similar
- Hands-on experience applying machine learning techniques using packages such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, and DSSTNE
- Solid engineering and scripting skills in one or more of Python, R, SAS, Matlab and SPSS
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. The successful candidates will be expected to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams
- Experience in using mainstream languages to acquire, clean, and model large data sets.
- Experience in visualizing and communicating data using tools such as Qlik, Tableau, or packages d3.js, and Seaborn.
- Good understanding of sourcing and wrangling data from warehouses, Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and other sources using SQL and scripting
Your Experience Required:
- Post-graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Computational Statistics, Physics, Operations -Research or other similar quantitative field
- At least two years of experience in data science, in particular in designing, developing, validating, and deploying predictive models
- Experience with advanced Machine Learning techniques including neural networks, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, as well as a background in more classic machine learning techniques
- Experience in the analysis of large, complex, multi- dimensional data-sets with a variety of analytical methods
- Experience in projects involving cross-functional teams