This financial house is again recruiting to assist this institution to address unforeseen challenges and new risk drivers, ensuring areas of engagement are utilised in the company’s risk management activities across various markets. The team’s output forms the information basis for strategic planning, model risk management and broader activities., which enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and regulatory requirements
Role & Responsibilities
- Support various analytical and highly quantitative projects.
- Provide best-in-class Analytics solutions to the Regulatory Compliance (RC) function.
- Monitor transactional activity and generate automated alerts for activities that may be unusual and non-compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Design, deploy, monitor and maintain models in various scenarios for various market conduct surveillance activities
- Support RC teams globally with analytical solutions.
- Manage regulatory compliance.
- Increase efficiency and operational effectiveness through models, scorecards and data attestation frameworks
Experience & Skills Required
- Have a Post Graduate qualifications (PhD in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or any other relevant quantitative discipline);
- Several years’ post-qualification experience in relevant Analytics field.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services advantageous.
- Possess strong knowledge of Big Data stack such as Hadoop or Hortonworks, NoSQL (Elastic, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra), Data ingestion tools (Flume, Kafka, Spark, Sqoop, Storm)
- Demonstrate strong experience in any of the following: Matlab, Python, R with relevant ML libraries.
- Sound knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques.
- Project based business knowledge, and awareness of model risk governance;
- Be able to develop solutions using various analytical techniques (specifically Machine Learning (ML).
- Engage with various stakeholders within the wider function and provide technical (ML) leadership.
- Gather business requirements from senior stakeholder and translate their business brief into technical solution design
- Develop product backlog in consultation with senior data scientists
- Design predictive analytics strategies and models.
- Complete analysis as required
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.