This senior role involves working within an existing team of Data Scientists demonstrating direct experience in proposition development and commercial exploitation of data, good working knowledge of SQL, Python and data base administration. These vital skills are required by an international organisation working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of their clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement complex multi/hybrid cloud based big data projects.
- Collect, manage, analyse and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights.
- Be passionate about working with cutting edge technologies.
- Develop prototypes using different open source tools for selected solutions.
- Help lead end-to-end execution of data engineering initiatives.
- Work with other teams to decide on needed infrastructure architecture and software design.
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of pipelines
- Support data processing initiatives across batch and streaming datasets.
- Responsible for development using Scala, Python languages and Big Data Frameworks
- Identify, evaluate and implement cutting edge big data pipelines
- Deliver data engineering solutions to optimize both the cost and existing solution
Experience & Skills Required.
- Educated to Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Sciences or similar
- Have extensive Software Industry experience
- Have hands-on knowledge of all phases in building large-scale cloud based distributed data processing systems and applications.
- Be able to understand how a secure big data cloud environment is architected to gain real insights faster.
- Be comfortable with Apache Spark and NoSQL Implementation.
- Extensive working knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Scala, Java, Linux, Shell, SQL, Python.
- Knowledge on Visualization and Data Science Tools advantageous.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Olivia Ross on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.