Rovco’s mission is to change the way the world surveys subsea and we are becoming recognised as a global leader in subsea 3D vision and applied AI.
We are a fast-growing subsea robotics company focused in the renewables and offshore decommissioning sectors. We are advancing the state of the art in subsea robotics by developing the technology for live 3D vision and machine learning based data analysis.
We’re based in Bristol, which is regularly praised as one of the top places to live. Bristol is a culturally vibrant city with great transport links without the expense of London life.
The growth of Artificial Intelligence opens up unique opportunities in subsea research and we are looking for people who are passionate about experimenting, testing, developing and deploying new concepts.
Are you an individual that:
- Wants to make a difference in a fast-growing environment
- Wants to work with talented and innovation focused minds
- Has a creative approach to solve technical challenges
- Has an interest in discovering the offshore and renewables industry
- Is interested and experienced in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision
- Is a passionate technologist with impressive programming abilities.
Then please read more about the role below.
We’re looking for bright engineers ideally with at few years working experience upwards to join our R&D Team. The successful candidate will play a key part in improving our core product and investigating new applications of ML and applied AI. This is an excellent opportunity for those who have strong programming capability and a deep interest in innovative use of AI.
You would build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments.
Design, research, re-engineer, prototype, build, implement, integrate, test and deliver computer vision and machine learning architecture/technology.
- Strong background in Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
- Experience in applying deep learning in frameworks like Tensorflow to real data and real problems.
- Understand technical challenges and devise strategies to overcome them
- Have demonstrable knowledge of AI techniques
- You have achieved excellent academic results from a leading university or can demonstrate some serious skills. You want a career where your creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology and be part of an impressive R&D environment.
- You should show a passion for computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence or deep neural networks and follow the latest developments in these rapidly evolving fields
- Experience with computer vision, in areas such as advanced image processing, feature and object detection or face recognition
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Comfortable using the command line
- Firm grasp of the fundamentals of Linear algebra
- Python/C++ coding skills
- Experience developing AI
- Rounded knowledge of Machine learning algorithms (clustering, classification, pre-processing data etc.)
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras.
- Permanent and unrestricted right to work and remain in the UK
- Writing and testing production code, working in teams.
- Evidence of developing reasonable complex software from scratch, or leading/architecting development (in contrast to just working on existing code bases following other’s direction)
Nice to haves
- PhD in relevant area
- Developing on linux, OpenCV
- Experience with object detection/image segmentation
- SLAM – ideally vision based, multi-view geometry, 3D reconstruction, SFM,
- Experience with camera calibration, sensor fusion – e.g. Kalman filters, perhaps visual inertial odometry
- CUDA programming experience
- 3D visualisation experience
- Web development experience, e.g. web apps for visualisation or using cloud computing for data processing.
- Public work you can point to – papers, Github, shipped software etc.
- Hands-on robotics (particularly field robotics) or embedded systems experience.
- Relaxed, R&D environment with a mentorship rather than management style
- Be a part of a rapidly growing and diverse company
- Opportunity to work on an innovative idea in the renewables and decommissioning industry using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- In-house Gym
- Sponsorship to attend relevant worldwide conferences and trainings
- Freedom to come up with new ideas
- Great working environment in central Bristol
- Flexible working hours