DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) are expanding rapidly to meet the demand for agile driven solutions from our extensive customer base. Market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business and process needs, the DTC is the ‘thinktank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept innovation projects. A hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded, we seek to boost out team numbers from the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
We are seeking Data Scientists / Analysts to join our bionix team. In this role, you will be part of a team who will identify, develop and implement solutions for improving efficiency and effectiveness of delivery based on the data insights generated from the data tooling.
Join our team and you will be challenging yourself, growing your skills working on ‘green field’ projects.
- Passion for software development and want to carve out a career in this space
- Full of ideas for creative solutioning
- Can-do, will-do attitude.
- Hunger to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Skilled at problem solving
- Analytical and logical.
- Team & communication skills.
- Actively participates in team activities.
We offer in return:
- Mentoring and career support from leaders in the IT transformation field.
- Access to certificated and non-certificated technology specific training
- The opportunity to work in a Global Hub of Digital creativity and innovation
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Located in one of England’s most vibrant cities (Relocation support may be available for those outside of the Newcastle area)
- Competitive salary Benefits packages (life insurance and health care)
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities
- Ability to generate actionable insights from messy disconnected datasets, including datasets that may originate in many various forms (e.g. flat files, APIs, database access)
- Ability to clearly communicate with business units and delivery groups to understand the nature of their business challenges, factors specific to that operation
- Ability to quickly generate simple yet powerful data visualizations to communicate insights
- Ability to work closely with others in a fast-paced and collaborative technical setting
- Ability to rapidly learn and develop new skills, largely on one’s own by staying in tune with the market and emerging technologies and techniques
- Strong math and statistical skills and an ability to apply those skills towards generating logical, accurate and meaningful insights from data
- An ability to quickly learn the essentials of a new operational team (e.g. a specific account within DXC’s delivery organization) and understand the nuances of tools, processes, data and business requirements that impact actions required to add value for the client and DXC
- Bachelor’s degree (desired)
- Proficiency with Python and/or R for use in conducting data analytics
- Proficiency with storing and manipulating relational data in databases
- Proficiency in handling and working with large datasets, beyond those traditionally handled within relational databases
- Proficiency with machine learning techniques and, equally important, when to apply them and when not to
- Demonstrated track record of generating business insights from data and communicating them (ideally via a portfolio of previous work)