DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) in Newcastle and London are expanding rapidly to meet the demand for agile driven solutions from our extensive customer base. Market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business and process needs, the DTC is the ‘thinktank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept innovation projects. A hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded, we seek to boost out team numbers from the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
As part of the network of DTC’s and development teams spanning the globe, we are hiring Full Stack Developers. Specifically we seek those who enjoy thinking outside the box and working with others to approach challenges from fresh and unique angles.
- Expert in Full Stack Development (Java or MS)
- Codes, supports and maintains basic application development projects according to appropriate specifications.
- Codes, documents and implements programs according to the project specifications provided. Participates in peer reviews.
- Tests code; executes unit test plans for assigned programming tasks.
- Experience with RESTful, AJAX, and MVC.
- Coding experience and discipline with Test Driven Development (TDD) e.g. Mocha, Karma, Jasmine and Protractor
- Continuous Integration experience
- Best Practices experience in Committing, branching, merging, conflict resolution and Git flows with GitHub/GitLab, mercurial, or subversion.
- Basic programming skills, personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs. Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel. Ability to learn and expand on technical expertise.
- Work in a SCRUM with other Developers and other Global teams to deliver a world class System Server Automation Offering to cover the lifecycle of a Server.
- Experience in Agile supporting technologies Experience with LEAN Methodology (MVP).
- Follow all approved standards, guidelines, processes and/or procedures and work ethics.
- Attend SCRUM Meetings
- Fully conversant in full stack dev cycle in either Java or MS (C# / .net)
- Frameworks & libraries such as React, Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Shell scripting
- Agile delivery using Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills to communicate and engage with customers and colleagues
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of others
- Willingness to accept new challenges with continuous learning
- Thrives on change and working at pace
- Amazon Web Services, Azure
- Unix / Linux
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
- Docker, Openshift, Kubinates Nginx, HAProxy
- Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, Maven, Ansible
- Sass, LESS
- MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Appache, ISS