DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
In the role of Senior Business Analyst (also known as Business Support Manager), you will be the client’s representative and champion at DXC, ensuring both mutual and sustainable benefits for both organisations. You will be responsible for designated clients and will gain an in depth understanding of their usage of the solution in order to provide advice and guidance working closely with the support team on issue resolution and the client’s acceptance of the proposed solution.
You will provide business and product expertise in order to lead the client in the way business processing requirements are met by DXC Insurance Software Products. You will support project implementations and upgrades including the production of high level estimates, business requirements, functional specifications and user documentation. You will support customer’s UAT and provide Consultancy and Training.
In this role, you will work with Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, to client’s specification and to budget. In addition, you may be expected to manage small to medium sized projects in accordance with the DXC Delivery Governance process.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Build an in-depth understanding of the business and practises of designated clients in order to be able to lead and recommend best usage of DXC Insurance Software products
- Recognise opportunities for improvement to the client’s current business processes or functionality of the solution
- Propose business solution designs that enable the client and the project to achieve their goal
- Attend regular meetings with customers in the role of Subject Matter Expert and Business Analyst to provide business and product expertise
- Contribute to and lead clients in their business change programmes
- Create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and internal groups in order to realise DXC’s objectives
- Develop an in-depth business understanding of relevant DXC Insurance Software solutions
- Plan and lead workshops with both business and technical staff and document the outputs in the form of business requirements, functional specifications and user documentation
- Train and develop other team members on business and product knowledge
- Work as part of a team to design and build workable and resilient business solutions
- Research, analyse and understand upcoming market initiatives and their impact on DXC’s product offering
- Where appropriate, proactively manage project deliverables as part of a DXC project team
- As part of the Product Support team, jointly contribute towards the strategic development of operational procedures and technology to support delivery of DXC Insurance Software products and services offerings
- Ensure that processes and standards are adhered to at all times
- Provide a weekly update report to the line manager
- Ensure utilisation is at the required level and if not, escalate to line manager where appropriate
- Enter time in the relevant time recording system on a weekly basis to allow tracking of costs and invoicing to occur
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance industry processes and procedures gained through direct industry experience, preferably London Market, with a strong technical/IT background
- Initiative, impact and influence – must have the gravitas and ability to drive and lead programmes of change within the customer and DXC
- Knowledge and experience of working to a formal project methodology
- Experience in planning and leading workshops and converting inputs into business, functional and detailed design specifications
- Dynamic and decisive – utilising escalation routes and driving the desired outcome from a risk and commercial perspective
- Demonstrable aptitude for analysing application issues and solving problems
- Understand all phases of the development lifecycle and the risks associated with each phase
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to clearly present information to business users and stakeholders
- Available to travel to client sites when required
- Self-motivated, high energy levels and prepared to put in the extra effort when required
- DXC Insurance Software product knowledge
- London Market Insurance Knowledge
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) or equivalent
- Structured Analysis Methods
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.