Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist for the Content Acquisition technology domain serving the Digital division that supports Nature, Springer, BioMedCentral and Scientific American.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll be analysing big data from very highly trafficked websites and content workflows. You will provide actionable analysis and insight into the behaviour of researchers in both their roles as authors, editors and reviewers and as users of scientific information as well as general trends in the world of research. You will be driving change that improves the researcher’s experience with SpringerNature and supports our purpose to advance discovery.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, analysing and blending data to produce business and customer insights, and give recommendations on how to further improve Springer Nature’s products, services and platforms
- Build strong and proactive relationships with relevant business stakeholders and senior management, providing insights and analytics to support in achieving the strategic goals of the business
- Increase the adoption of data science, standardise analytics tools across the organization, improve data management and reporting, and make data led insight accessible to the business
- Being an advocate for a data-driven culture, share thought leadership on tools and best practices,
- Introducing compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards that allow right decision-making in a timely manner
- Leading the journey towards more advanced and predictive analytics using statistical modelling, machine learning and AI
- University degree with a strong analytical/quantitative background or equivalent experience (e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, Computer Science etc.)
- Ability to extract, cleanse and combine data and make sense of it using software and tools like SQL, Big Query, Python/R, Tableau
- Strong statistical and machine learning skills with some experience in NLP and the desire to learn more.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories from the data
- Strong ability to influence, with highly effective negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience in identifying patterns and connecting different pieces of information to deliver unobvious insights drawing information from diverse and varied sources.
- Demonstrable experience of using data insights and analytics to add tangible value in achieving the wider goals and strategy of the business
- Excellent analytical problem solving capabilities coupled with business acumen
- Well organized and accurate with good time management
- Good networker, able to build up effective relations with internal business partners
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.