Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The way we do business
We build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Our flavour of agile has been heavily influenced by XP and Kanban, and if something isn’t working, we change it.
Our work delivers value to both the business and our customers, our teams are cross-discipline: business analysts and the user experience team work with stakeholders to coordinate research and understand requirements, whilst our frontend developers and software engineers pair with quality analysts to develop the most robust solutions, and our platform engineers work across the organisation to ensure our infrastructure never lets us down.
We generally follow a mix of agile and lean practices with an overall philosophy towards continuous delivery. We’ll rely on each and everyone’s expertise to adapt and improve these processes to serve the team, project and company as best fits their current contexts.
- Work with stakeholders to understand our goals & vision, and identify business needs
- Pair with quality analysts and user experience designers to write stories that are clear, concise and comprehensible
- Communicate to the development team how the requirements are aligned with the business needs and “big picture” goals and vision
- Collaborate and provide business analysis support to the product owner, business sponsors, SMEs and testers during development
- Identify and resolve issues with missing stories and conflicting requirements
- Unearth the root cause(s) of pain points, and validate business opportunities and problems
- Prioritise competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Map, analyse and validate information flows within a complex organisational setting
- Analyse and capture processes in order to replicate, optimise or re-engineer (recognise pain-points, duplication or repetition and provide recommendation to eliminate).
- Facilitate workshops with a wide range of diverse stakeholders in the business
- Champion business analysis best practices and principles within the BA community
- Challenge and influence decisions; focusing on customer and business value
- Can demonstrate experience of working successfully with teams to deliver software
- Have excellent communication skills and are able to clearly articulate concepts and ideas; from both a technical and a business point of view
- Have a strong focus on high quality customer experience and sustainable solutions
- Can demonstrate outstanding analytical ability and demonstrable experience of solving complex problems/issues
- Proven experience and the ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
- Experience working in fast paced, constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Able to use your drive, creativity and initiative to move the team and organisation forward
- Proven experience of working successfully within Agile teams to deliver software
- Experience in driving continuous improvement and innovation across the team
- Have team-working as a priority and drive constant improvement on collaboration
- Experience in coaching and implementation of Best Principles Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery
- Be intellectually curious and motivated
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.