This is a worldwide recognised and highly successful ecommerce brand whose aim is to reach their customers and partners around the globe to deliver amazing experiences on a both local and global scale. You will solve high-impact, complex problems using some of the latest technology and approaches.
The Group recognises their success is dependent on the success of their people, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in the business. Your passion and success will be rewarded including a great career path alongside amazing benefits.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, deploy and optimise Machine Learning models which support improved acquisition and profitability of customers
- Predict customer long term value to optimise spend allocation
- Optimise bidding strategy
- Mentor and provide technical support to more junior members of the team
- Predict customers’ intent and preferences
- Ensure that key projects that are carried out in the team are delivered in a timely fashion
- Work in close partnership with other teams to identify new opportunities to leverage Data Science
- Develop a deep understanding of the data infrastructure and champion infrastructure development needs
- Be a technical leader on use, adoption and implementation of machine learning.
Experience & Skills Required
- Educated to MSc or PhD degree level in any of the following fields:
machine learning or computer science, statistics, mathematics with strong machine learning component;
- Hands on experience in machine learning, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing algorithms.
- Experience in several of the following domains: Real-time bidding, Learn-to-Rank, Recommender Systems, NLP, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Regression, Classification and/or Clustering
- Experience in the online marketing or Ecommerce retail space preferable
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages:
Python or Scala
- Good experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib, Python, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- Good SQL/data manipulation skills are required.
- Intellectually curious and show the desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.