This new and exciting Data Analyst role is envisioned to be an integral member of the Actuarial department. You will be working alongside others to achieve the team objectives through better use of data management, investigation and reporting. This fresh opportunity has been created by an exceedingly well-known and very successful practitioner in the insurance market. Alongside providing some of the best benefits available this employer aims to make it a great place to work for their committed workforce.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Actuarial team to source and process data as part of the quarterly analysis.
- Place a strong focus on data accuracy and consistency.
- Through building enhanced models and using more sophisticated modelling techniques, implement new tools and reporting suites.
- Help investigate emerging trends and explain drivers of results.
- Contribute to building tools to easily group data in alternative ways
- Develop processes and methodology to improve the efficiency, accuracy and communication of results.
- Ensure full use of the vast quantity of data within the company.
- Enhance Management Information reporting in the context of the Actuarial Function
- Build effective relationships with other teams
Experience & Skills Required
- Educated to degree level (first or upper second) or equivalent with substantial mathematical/statistical/computer science content.
- Experience with SQL and/or SAS in a commercial setting is required.
- Confidently carry out data manipulation using SQL (or SAS)
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data and how it can be used to build real value for the company.
- Experience with Visual Analytics reporting tools such as Tableau or Qlikview would be beneficial
- Experience with R and/or Python is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry would be a plus.
- Possess strong Excel model building skills including VBA coding
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.