This global organisation, also a household name, conducts analysis and statistical interpretation of research data, ensuring that research scientists can translate this into clear, accurate conclusions. The successful incumbent will provide expertise, advice and training in experimental design, data handling, application and interpretation of statistical results, ensuring the delivery of high quality scientific output
Role & Responsibilities
- Design research trials, analyse and communicate results.
- Provide guidance, direction and best practice in the planning of studies and the collation of data.
- Investigate and determine appropriate statistical packages
- Attend relevant conferences, symposia and/or training courses to integrate new knowledge and techniques.
- Provide a source of expertise across the business.
- Undertake design, data handling, visualisation and statistical analysis.
- In the areas of statistics and machine learning, ensure the organisation remains at the forefront of knowledge in these areas.
- Undertake formal and informal training for personnel as appropriate.
- Provide advice on experimental design, data handling and statistical analysis.
- Responsible for providing statistical training as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Educated to MSc, or equivalent experience in statistics or a closely related fields essential.
- Be able to communicate statistical information at an appropriate level to associates with a wide range of prior statistical knowledge and ability.
- Provide accurate collation, analysis, reporting and publication of research trial data
- Demonstrate a broad understanding and proven experience in biological statistical design and data analysis.
- Experience of at least one scripting language - R preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
- Actively undertake continual on the job training of both a practical and theoretical nature
If you fit the above job description, please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.