This innovative tech/software company, with a lead position in its market, is looking for a strong SQL / BI Commercial Analyst to join them on a rolling 3-month contract (likely to last c 9 months) for a maternity cover to directly influence product, marketing and strategy by drawing insights from analysis and providing a fact base for decision making. You will need to have a commercial mind-set, know the value in what you provide and be confident in presenting the outcome of your work so the right decisions can be made.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will own the performance narrative for the team
- Develop insight from a range of internal and external sources and use it to drive decision making.
- Responsible for explaining and communicating on how performance is progressing what has been learned from recent tests and recommending what we do next.
- Learn and find tailor made answers to ad hoc questions using different tools.
- Directly influence product, marketing and strategy by drawing insights from analysis
- Work with the product marketing teams to formulate hypotheses and design and measure experiments.
- Develop insights and make recommendations for iteration.
Experience & Skills Required
- Educated to degree or a post grad qualification in maths or science very desirable.
- Be very adept in finding the balance between managing data complexity/imperfection and move quickly to get things done.
- Have several years’ commercial experience in the tech/web sectors and have a number of successes and failures you’ve learned from
- Be a highly quantitative and capable analyst.
- Build and own BI reports for your own use and to keep the team informed.
- Confidently write SQL queries to build your own datasets for analysis.
- Build a collaborative relationship with our database / analytics teams.
- Understand hypothesis testing, AB testing and statistical significance concepts.
- Effectively communicate to all levels.
- Manage with limited supervision and rigorously prioritise your work load.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.