This AdTech company, in the media arena, can proudly claim to work some of the biggest and most loved brands in the UK and is looking to better utilise its data assets for commercial gain. They have direct access to a broad portfolio of datasets and a culture of fast-paced technology delivery thus are seeking a Data Engineer to help them build and operate large-scale data pipelines that are capable of withstanding their growth ambitions.
Role & Responsibilities
- You’ll be working within the Data Team, who currently provide data and analytics to many teams across the organisation.
- Assist the team to expand their Big Data analytics and streaming capabilities.
- Manage increased throughput and complexity.
- Help set the direction for how data pipelines are built and deployed in general.
- communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders around the business
- Keen to try new technologies and concepts
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrable experience as a data or software engineer in a highly scalable environment such as messaging or streaming highly desirable.
- Have experience in designing, building and launching highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, transformation and loading of datasets
- Confidently monitor data reliability and infrastructure performance
- Undertake agile methodologies and continuous delivery alongside large-scale streaming data (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
Proficiency of the following advantageous:-
- Cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Programming languages (Python, etc.)
- Big Data systems (Spark, Hadoop, Pig, etc.)
- SQL databases (Relational, Snowflake, etc.)
- Structured or custom ETL management (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.