DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
Do you want to help us grow one of the most agile, dynamic and proficient teams in the digital world?
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) are market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business needs. The DTC is the ‘think tank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept projects - a hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded. We are expanding rapidly to meet the demand, from our growing customer base, for agile driven solutions. We seek to attract the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
We are seeking Junior Agile Delivery Leads / Scrum Masters to join our teams.
You would work on one of a wide range of assignments from a growing portfolio of government and commercial clients helping to solve their business problems. You will lead a multi skilled team and apply appropriate agile / delivery techniques to ensure our projects delight out clients. Join our team and you will be challenging yourself, growing your skills working on ‘green field’ projects.
- Passion for software development and want to carve out a career in this space
- Full of ideas for creative solutioning
- Can-do, will-do attitude.
- Hunger to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Skilled at problem solving
- Analytical and logical.
- Team & communication skills.
- Actively participates in team activities.
We offer in return:
- Mentoring and career support from leaders in the IT transformation field.
- Access to certificated and non-certificated technology specific training
- The opportunity to work in a Global Hub of Digital creativity and innovation
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Located in one of England’s most vibrant cities (Relocation support may be available for those outside of the Newcastle area)
- Competitive salary Benefits packages (life insurance and health care)
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate, as an Agile Delivery Lead Scrum Master, one or more multiple multi-disciplinary teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance.
- Work with Product Owner and the Development Team to establish a delivery rhythm, ensure common priorities, manage dependencies and remove blockers and impediments.
- Provide leadership cross programme on a wide range of agile and lean methodologies.
- Work with the Product Owner to build and iterate a product road map to meet the needs of the programme.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure good relations and effective communication.
- Facilitate agile / scrum ceremonies, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication with transparency.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, to groom and maintain the product backlog.
- Practical experience in leading the transformation of a team / organization / client from traditional to agile delivery
- Experience in leadership of a range of agile teams, addressing a range of business problems / opportunities through the provision of IT services (Mobile and Web Apps, Cloud, Dev Ops, IoT etc.) , within a range of sectors.
- A strong point of view about what works in agile and a passion for nurturing and growing it within an organisation
- Experience of at least one agile methodologies, Scrum, XP, Kanban
- A great coach, able to get buy in from software developers
- A great facilitator, working with the team to enable results
- Scum Master certification e.g. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM)
- Experience in delivery management of mobile or web projects
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.