At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for e-commerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Who’s greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
The Merchant Risk Analytics team is fast-paced, high-energy, and diligent in identifying emerging fraud patterns and preventing fraud loss before it happens. We conduct stringent analysis of complex data sets, and set up multiple layers of business rules, models, and other processes to enable ecommerce businesses through a frictionless buying experience. We are a highly cross-functional team and regularly engage with Data Science, Customer Success, Risk Operations and Engineering to mitigate and eliminate fraud and meet merchant service-level goals.
Due to unprecedented growth and recent expansion to the EU, we’re looking for an experienced risk leader to manage a team of analysts in our brand new R&D Center in Belfast. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level and have ownership and impact as we build from the ground up. This role will oversee and coordinate various aspects of the Group’s risk functions including the implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks. You’ll have the opportunity to find and recruit your own talent, set up roles, processes and tools, and provide mentorship to team members. This is a high visibility role, as you’ll be be the point person for coordination and collaboration with our US team.
- Prioritize time and effort to maximize impact on meeting key team goals
- Recruit, train, and manage team members to maximize their potential, contributions and professional growth
- Manage merchant risk portfolios from end to end, understanding merchant needs for positive customer experience, quick decisioning, and fraud prevention
- Develop in-depth analyses and build automated and scalable reporting tools (dashboards, reporting packs, etc.) to regularly assess the performance of the business, tell the story behind the numbers, and provide actionable insights to the team
- Coordinate with US Customer Success and Risk Operations to resolve customer-related fraud issues and provide the best possible customer experience in a timely manner
- Understand effectiveness of existing fraud strategies and oversee the design, development, and management of new real-time fraud rules and mitigation efforts
- Work with Data Science and Engineering teams to conceive, design & monitor fraud risk strategies in order to mitigate fraud risk in the most precise manner possible
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, fraud issues, proposed solutions and plan timelines to senior management
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience, working in fraud in a payments, credit or e-commerce space
- BSc, preferably in economics, applied math, statistics or other quantitative field; MSc preferred
- Expertise in SQL and data querying; some knowledge of Python or R
- An engaged, people person with experience in cross-functional roles and indirect influencing
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable solving problems despite ambiguity
- A thoughtful person who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
- A proven track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Ability to operate and execute projects with minimal oversight
- Outstanding written and presentation skills. Experience presenting technical content to audiences
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking, providing data-driven business insights and recommendations
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up
- Strong people management skills
- Experience with project management
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- Ability to mentor and grow junior team members
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Ability to execute on programs and projects and flexibly with minimal resources
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.