Brave is looking for an experienced software engineer to join Brave's reseach team to help with both developing new ambitious research ideas and in transferring advanced research prototypes into Brave products. This job involves working side-by-side with both researchers and developers. The Brave browser relies on some deep tech and we are commited to moving cutting-edge research ideas into practice.
Brave is already receiving rave reviews and we are only just beginning. Jump in and work with a top-notch team and watch our adoption soar with your help. We need to hire a machine learning engineer to help with a wide range of key issues, ranging from better ad targeting to finding and fighting malware.
Specific Skills That Will Set You Apart from the Competition
- Applied cryptography
- Machine learning
- Decentralized machine learning
- Ph.D. in computer science from a top-tier school, although we will consider someone who has a Master's degree but has some research experience
An ideal candidate will have a mix of skills that include the following:
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and consistently delivers high-quality answers
- Has an enquiring mind and a disciplined scientific approach to extracting facts and understanding observed behavior
- Is excited by the potential of realising high-value commercial outcomes and change the way that the advertising business operates
- Want to be part of a high-growth startup company with global ambitions
- Has a proven track record products and a broad understanding of the state of the art in applied crypto, blockchain, or machine learning
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- Has a passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
What we offer
- Ability to work at an exciting and well-funded international startup headquartered in San Francisco
- Cutting-edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
We are looking to hire in London but would consider an exceptional candidate in the rest of Europe.