- MSc or PhD level in a relevant field (such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics)
- Client-facing skills e.g. working in close-knit teams on topics such as data warehousing, machine learning
- Demonstrated leadership (thought leadership or people leadership e.g. managed project teams or direct reports)
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Programming experience in languages such as: Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Good presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Knowledge of distributed computing or NoSQL technologies is a bonus
- Proven application of advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Principal Data Scientist at QuantumBlack, you will work with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Designers and Project Managers on interdisciplinary projects, using Maths, Stats and Machine Learning to derive structure and knowledge from raw data across various industry sectors.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact for organisations globally. You will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- Work with our clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Mentor Senior Data Scientists and providing guidance to Fellow Data Scientists where required
- Be responsible for providing insights to the Leadership team based on client and team learnings
- Take ownership of separate work streams, for instance R&D or Recruiting
- Be responsible for Recruiting other Data Scientists with the Recruiting team
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud
- Collaborate with our data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Using a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- Supporting Data Scientists by creating Views, Queries, and data extracts to help their analysis
What you’ll learn
- How successful projections on real world problems across a variety of industries are completed through referencing past deliveries of end to end machine learning pipelines
- Build products alongside the Core engineering team and evolve the engineering process to scale with data, handling complex problems and advanced client situations
- Be able to focus on modelling by working alongside the Data Engineering team which focuses on the wrangling, clean-up and transformation of data.
- Best practices in software development and productionise machine learning by working with our Machine Learning Engineering teams which optimise code for model development and scale it
- Work with our UX and Visual Design teams to interpret your complex models into stunning and user-focused visualisations
- Using new technologies and problem-solving skills in a multicultural and creative environment
You will work on the frameworks and libraries that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to progress from data to impact. You will guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.