Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This key leadership position oversees creating and executing the strategic regional HR plan aligned to business objectives and global corporate initiatives and guidelines. Specifically, this role is responsible for developing regional services, programs and processes (across the HR spectrum) and aligning a cross-functional HR team to partner with and meet the needs of a diverse and rapidly growing business.
- Translate business goals into actionable HR strategies and initiatives that help grow the business and over deliver on results. This will include hiring, on boarding, performance and talent management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, leadership and organization design.
- Support and/or localize corporate programs to ensure successful implementation.
- Partner with the global compensation and benefits team to implement total compensation programs that supports Splunk’s position as an employer of choice and to compete effectively in the diverse EMEA talent marketplace.
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to the International Expansion team on areas of growth and expansion in EMEA.
- Become a trusted business partner as a member of the regional leadership team to coach and develop executives on people practices that will create a highly engaged culture of high performance and continuous learning and development.
- Work with the appropriate HR, Legal and Regional Senior Leadership teams to develop consistent processes and procedures for managing employee relations matters within the boundaries of applicable local laws.
- Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure Splunk receives the full value of employing a global workforce where employees feel comfortable being true to themselves at work in a manner that is in line with our Company Values.
- Lead and develop a team of EMEA HR Business Partners to execute regional initiatives and deliver on personal and business goals.
- Build, coach and develop a cohesive regional cross-functional HR team.
- Develop strong ties with global HR leaders to ensure that global HR practices are developed by effectively taking regional needs into account.
- Strategic thinker balanced with strong track record of execution
- Partnering and influence - Determine and present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, and at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational change management experience
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - deep knowledge of end to end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Understanding of current legal and regulatory environment.
- Business insight - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good planning, time management, prioritization, and organization skills; able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes.
- 15+ years of progressive HR responsibility and experience.
- Experience and strong working familiarity with the cultural differences across EMEA.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within a high growth technology company.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Master’s Degree preferred not required.