At FACEIT we’re looking for an Junior Data Scientist with good foundations in a wide range of programming, mathematical, statistical and data science techniques. The ideal candidate will be happy working alone but will still be a team player who can confidently and proactively communicate across the organisation.
- Help us expand our existing reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Design and perform statistical analysis which will help us understand our userbase better and which will support our A/B Testing needs.
- Run ad-hoc queries against our data warehouse.
- Work closely with various technical and non-technical business areas and make sure that strategic decisions are backed by the available data.
- Advanced SQL (common table extensions, window functions etc.) - any flavour will do;
- Good knowledge of of the Python data analysis toolkit (jupyter notebooks, numpy, pandas, matplotlib, plotly etc.). Knowledge of R / SaS / Stata will also be considered;
- Solid understanding of basic statistics fundamentals and applications (such as designing and interpreting A/B tests, cohort analysis, t-tests, z-tests, hypothesis etc.);
- Any experience with BI tools like Mode Analytics/Tableau/Looker and web analytics platforms like Mixpanel and Keen Io;
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and apply them.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platform solutions like Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Storage), or AWS (EC2, Redshift, Athena, S3);
- Git for version control;
- Linux/Unix experience and use of command line tools;
- Exposure to data science techniques (supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, time series analysis, outlier detection), ideally in a production environment;
- An interest in data engineering and in working with unstructured data;
- Passionate about learning new, cutting-edge technologies and finding applicable business cases as needed;
- A passion for gaming.
- B.Sc. in applied statistics, mathematics, physics, data science, or a related discipline.