We are looking for a Data Platform Analyst to join to join our Product Data Stewardship team in London or Tallinn.
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Finance data platform is fundamental to the success of TransferWise mission and ensures, that across our dozens of product teams and hundreds of microservices, we have a single source of truth of product data that is complete, consistent and compliant.
This role is a unique opportunity to build very critical analytical system and find the wise ways of how to make it as simple as possible. This will be the foundation for others to make business decisions, get insights, provide external reporting and stay compliant worldwide.
- Manage relationships with product teams and keep your hand on the pulse of product data changes, plans and needs of the product teams.
- Own product data in "single source of truth" data platform - structure, quality, usage, efficiency.
- Own data transformations from product microservices to a "single source of truth" finance data platform together with related business and data definitions.
- Build data transformations, own data quality and controls.
- Support rest of the team with Data platform - ease of use, optimisations, metrics and monitoring.
A bit about you
- You have experience working as a Data Analyst.
- You have experience designing relational databases, including ETL design, schema design and dimensional data modelling.
- You have experience working with statistical software (e.g. R, Python, MATLAB) and database languages/tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Qlikview, Looker).
- You know advanced SQL (PostgreSQL, SnowFlake).
- You are a team player and can work cross-team - for instance with data consumers or other analysts.
- You are ready to travel and spend time in London, UK / Tallinn, Estonia.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Work on a large, mission-critical data platform - learn how to develop and optimize raw data structures for high load transactional systems.
- Choose your own path to success - we operate in a flexible and agile autonomous product team culture.
- Deep-dive into advanced technologies - new technology stack and most advanced features of PostgreSQL, SnowFlake, AWS as well as work side-by-side with Java engineering team.
- Gain experience and learn how to build semi real time analytics in microservice architecture.
- You see the big picture - think several steps ahead and ensure decisions and actions your team does contribute into bigger vision from data, process, technical perspectives.
- You're passionate about technology and its relationship with business and user experience.
- You're independent and organised - able to own a subdomain, work independently and plan your own solutions to the problems.
- You're a good communicator - skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- You love working in a high-growth and agile culture.
- You're open, communicative, and fun to work with.
At TransferWise, you'll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You'll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you're keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren't afraid of a bold plan, you'll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You'll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.