Reporting to the Senior Business Intelligence Manager, the role will be responsible for providing BI report development, creation of datasets, marts and warehouses. This will also entail supporting and analyzing business data in partnership with the Cubic business teams. As a member of the worldwide Business Intelligence team based in Europe, the role will entail driving the use and ongoing adoption of data and analytics for our internal and external customers across the globe. The organization is currently undergoing a major transformation to enhance and modernize the reporting, analytics and data science functions within Business Intelligence. This role will need to continually innovate, develop and provide best practice in the business intelligence field. This will also include the improvement of legacy systems whilst designing for the future by utilizing the latest tools, processes and disciplines in BI. We have a wealth of data that the business needs to understand and make decisions on it, quickly and reliably!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop reports using strategic BI reporting tools these to include IBM Cognos Report Studio, Framework Manager, SAP Business Objects, Power BI and SSRS
- Design, build, query and maintain Direct MS-SQL views and procedures.
- Produce business reports to a high standard and in line with the current suite of published customer reports.
- Gather requirements for reporting from the Cubic Business Domains.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) submitting work for technical test, cosmetic test and applying re-work when required.
- Make the data available efficiently and accurately.
- Dimensional Modelling (Kimball Methodology), database principles and ETL.
- Coordinate and maintain the reporting requirements backlog, working with stakeholders to deliver value at the right time.
- Perform duties as BI System administrator tasks (Release, Security & Server).
- Provide support and guidance for existing reports and the creation of new reporting.
- Responsible for the BI system infrastructure availability and batch support in partnership with Technology teams.
- Support and implement continuous improvements to the BI outputs as part of RCA’s following incidents.
- Develop and deliver BI requirements as part of wider project teams for new and existing customers.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
- A self-motivated, focused individual with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Commercially and technically astute with sound judgment and a penchant for detail.
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and flexible, with the ability to find a solution to problems.
- A strong and positive work ethic.
- Able to work effectively with remote management.
- An analytical thinker with a high level of curiosity.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.