Drive our growth and shape our future.
At GoCardless we're looking to scale from processing £5 billion a year to over £20 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you are using.
We've built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to produce work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
Helping the Customer Success Group become seamlessly more data centric.
Data is at the centre of our ability to add value to our customers and to our business. As a Data Analyst you will join our world-class data function & make use of cutting edge technology to develop & deliver data needs & business insights within the Customer Success Group.
On a day-to-day basis this will include:
- Building new BI capability for the Customer Success Group - working with stakeholders to agree clear, unambiguous KPI definitions and mapping the relationships between leading and lagging metrics
- Building, maintaining and communicating reports and dashboards to track the Customer Success Group's key performance indicators against objectives/targets
- Doing deep-dive analysis of data to both test specific hypothesis and generate new business insights
- Making data always available in a digestible form
- Seeking ways to improve and/or automate existing reporting and processes to fit with evolving business needs and requests from management
- Scoping & prioritising ad hoc projects as required
- Making use of Big Query, Looker and other systems & tools within the data tech stack
Who we're looking for
- Relevant experience in a data-centric role
- High SQL & Excel proficiency
- Experience with data visualisation tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You're good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with
- You love digging into data and uncovering actionable insights
- You're passionate about using data to help teams become more productive
- You're a highly motivated self-starter who can independently drive a team's work forward, finding and exploiting opportunities where data can impact our business objectives
- You're a quick learner and are comfortable with complexity & ambiguity
- You're a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Strong team player
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply