Who we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
An exciting opportunity has opened to apply, develop and grow your data science skills within the global media industry at Turner (part of WarnerMedia). The Data, Consumer and Insights team are responsible for reporting, analysis and insights of performance of key areas of the business in EMEA. Data Science is being used to create actionable insights and technical proof-of-concept solutions to provide targeted growth opportunities or savings directly within the EMEA business.
- The successful candidate will work and learn new skills under the supervision of the Director of Data Science, and will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art data science techniques applied to real world applications in the media industry
- Work on targeted projects through this supervision to deliver specific data science and machine learning modules to carry out tasks such as natural language processing for content intelligence right through to time series data analysis for ratings forecasting
- Apply appropriate statistical and analytical tools to organise data and make meaningful interpretations, providing analysis to relevant functions
- Create bespoke visualisations to enable better data driven decision making in specific targeted projects
- Work with Python to create machine learning models and cutting-edge data products. Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems while learning from the Director of Data science to use techniques in natural language processing, computer vision and deep learning
What we require from you:
- Experience in programming (e.g. any of python, matlab, R or similar).
- Mathematical background (e.g. any of statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering or a quantitative discipline)
- Passion and interest in keeping up with today’s media and technology developments
- Ability to self-learn and a passion for data science
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.