ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the EdTech market.
What will I be doing?
As a Software Test Engineer, Snr, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing automated test scripts, analysing failure points, documenting test results and mentoring junior level software test engineers.
In this position, you will also...
- Design, implement & execute automated tests.
- Debug and fix existing automated scripts.
- Checkout, update, commit to and push code.
- Configure the regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed.
- Experience with bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the QA Team Lead.
- Experience with Linux and windows server environments
- Experience with databases such as MSSQL, MYSQL or Oracle
- Mentor junior level software test engineers
- Working with offshore software development partners.
- Knowledge of automated configuration management, build processes, and requirement tools.
Qualified Candidates must have/be…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to design, implement and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
- Experience with Linux and windows server environments.
- Experience with databases such as MSSQL, MYSQL or Oracle.
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- The ability to learn the software development lifecycle and QA methodology.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
- The ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- The ability to learn new tools.
- Be active in pursuing learning opportunities.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Previous experience with: Selenium, JIRA, SharePoint, Agile Methodologies.
- XML, HTML, and SGML skills.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee:
- Professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
- Fun on-site and social events such as Summer BBQs, Christmas parties and lots more.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing initiatives.
- Competitive benefits and offer support in local communities.
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
- We have a relaxed dress code… and not just on Fridays!
- All our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re in search of a position in Technology that is challenging and fun, please consider joining our talented team!
- 2 year(s): Formal role as dedicated Quality Assurance
- 1 year(s): Experience with programming or scripting
- Critical thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)