The purpose of the Business Intelligence Business Analyst role is to develop the use of data to drive business performance – collecting, reporting and analysing data. The successful candidate will effectively manage our data, including collection, storage and integration, and ensuring that all business management, finance and performance systems meet business needs.
- Take the lead on business systems, you will be devising solutions to ensure maximum benefit from our data assets to drive reliability, improve customer service and ensure value for money.
- Build capability towards putting data at the heart of business decision making.
- Working with stakeholders across the entire business, to create and foster a culture of enthusiasm and commitment to world class standards for data quality, reporting & analytics.
- Lead on the development of tools, processes and systems that enable world class decision support solutions that support the needs of the business and end customer.
- Develop solutions for Data Input and Data Integration as well as analysis and reporting. Take the lead on all related proposals and business development initiatives.
- Ensure that the entire business fully utilises its Business Intelligence solutions, making full use of technologies, processes, and applications to analyse data and deliver competitive intelligence.
- Drive continuous improvement through identifying opportunities for change and implementing best practice standards.
- Use a range of communication tools and methods to engage with, and influence a wide, range of stakeholders, up to and including senior level, in relation to best practices and improvements for system utilisation and developments.
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce with relevant experience.
- Understanding of API Integrations preferred
- Experience with Splunk, Tableau, Hubspot, Jira, and familiarity with companies’ house and social media data sets is an advantage.
- Knowledge of a programming language, and a reporting tool such as Tableau is highly desirable. Understanding of REST, JSON and other data integration toolsets, desirable.
- Understanding of SQL preferred but not essential
Skills and Experience Required
- Salesforce Administrator with a thorough understanding of SF Administration including:
- Significant experience as a Data professional, ideally from a Systems or Analytics background, with excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence / Management Information best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data management and decision support systems should include data quality and data integration, as well as tools for reporting and analysis.
- Experience of building API integrations, ideally using Jitterbit or similar iPaaS
- Proven ability to identify and respond to customer needs and build relationships at all levels will be essential.
- Experienced at working on multiple projects
- Good level of numeracy, strong powers of analysis and rigorous attention to detail, essential.
- Graduate calibre
- Salesforce ADM201 certified (preferred)