Spotcap is a leading European business lender. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters - their business.
Our customers and their needs are at the core of our business and the key driver for all business decisions. We are a team of finance and business professionals from all kinds of backgrounds and nationalities. Our most important assets are the people behind our success. At Spotcap we value ownership, creativity and curiosity. Together we are focussed on sustainable growth. We look for like-minded professionals who want to join us in shaping the future of finance.
We’re looking for a Head of Credit Risk & Data Science with proven experience managing a cross-border Credit Analysts, Risk and Data Science team (9 FTE). You will work closely together with the C-suite and IT to further enhance our scalable and highly efficient data analytics credit support infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, train and mentor a cross-border team of credit analysts, risk and data analysts.
- Be responsible for the continuously optimizing of our credit policy and credit framework & governance.
- Drive data science and analytics initiatives in cooperation with the IT and Product team in order optimize our scalable and highly efficient credit support infrastructure to optimize the efficiency of our credit underwriting process.
- Be responsible for the implementation and continuous development of data science best-practices.
- Collaborate closely with IT and Product to develop pertinent algorithms and applications for all business users.
- Maintain and optimize the confidence and trust in our risk and data science solutions through their presentation for external risk experts from institutional players.
- Has a MSc or Ph. D. in either Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
- Has an accreditation in one or more of the following fields: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or Computer Science.
- Has a solid understanding of the state-of-the-art machine learning and credit risk modeling techniques, and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of the following fields: deep learning, natural language processing, recommender systems, computational optimisation (e.g. linear programming, constraint programming.)
- Has a proven track record of managing, training and mentoring a cross-border credit analyst, risk & data analytics team.
- Has demonstrated experience in prototyping and developing data driven products
- Has 10+ yrs. experience of working in the finance industry in a risk function, especially performing credit scoring, scorecard development and statistical modelling on different financial products such as: loans, credit lines, cash advances etc.
- Is able to communicate complex data solutions across the company and to senior level clients- you can articulate experiment goals and methodologies clearly and communicate insights in an easily accessible way to the team.
- Is familiar with technical tools for data analysis such as Python, R, SQL/HiveQL/Presto, and programming concepts (evidenced by work experience, or a GitHub profile).
- Having in-depth experience in the field of business loans has a strong preference.