Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
- Partner with business leaders and business analysts throughout Europe to:
- Capture initial reporting needs based on business requirements.
- Provide guidance to analysts in the business to build skill sets and become self-sufficient at the tactical maintenance of reports and dashboards.
- Partner with members of the Global Data and Analytics team to:
- Develop and execute team objectives.
- Use a team-based approach to how we engage various business leaders and teams, and how we interact with each other.
- Bring a change management approach to the projects and initiatives we lead.
- Build engagement across the overall team
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover opportunities to optimize business results
- Provide education and give guidance to business analysts to build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics.
- Design, build and optimize technical processes to address business issues through either the SQL Data Warehouse, SSAS cube, or Power BI.
- Strong focus on communication to business partners, maintaining frequent and consistent communication to stakeholders.
- Conduct proactive data mining and analysis, turning findings into opportunities for the business.
Experience / Education Requirements/Required Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or IT related discipline
- 5+ years in data analysis, data science, business intelligence, or related field
- English required. Secondary language preferred (German, Italian or French)
- In depth knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong skills in MS PowerBI, Tableau, or equivalent reporting and dashboarding application. Power BI and DAX Skills preferred.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests / experiments, analysing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have a learner’s mindset- be aware of new technology trends to improve our current processes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, flexibility and comfort in fast changing environment.
- Interest to learn and ability to apply new tools and methods.
- Demonstrated experience of continuous improvement of process and procedures.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe around 25%
Veenendaal Energiestraat 2
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team .
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370