Business Analyst - Change
The UK Business Analyst team consists of 15 BAs across the business and IT domains, located in Colchester, London and York. The team is passionate about continually improving how Business Analysis is conducted throughout the UK and the successful candidate can look forward to participating in and benefiting from this team ethos.
Our project portfolio is varied, ranging from projects focussing on product development, operating model enhancements, new digital online journeys through to regulatory change. Hiscox UK is on a digital journey, so we are also looking at exciting projects to enhance our business processes with technology such as artificial intelligence.
This role will span the project lifecycle, from initial concept, business case, scoping and requirements through to working with technical delivery teams to successfully implement the changes you have defined, finally handing them over to business as usual. As well as IT deliveries there will also be elements of business only change to continually enhance our processes & operating model.
The role will be based in either our York or Colchester offices with occasional travel to other UK sites where required.
What you’ll be doing
- Producing high quality business analyst deliverables, including but not limited to business requirements, user stories, functional and non-functional specifications
- Building strong, productive relationships with the business and IT stakeholders
- Working closely with the IT team and third parties to ensure that scope and requirements are well understood and issues are identified and managed effectively
- Supporting the full project lifecycle from initial concept through to delivery, subsequent lessons learned and benefits measurement processes, feeding learning into the wider UK analysis and change community
- Implementing continual improvements within your sphere of influence to ensure that we are constantly delivering efficient and effective change
Our must haves
- Proven experience of eliciting, documenting and delivering high quality business analysis deliverables
- The ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that will encourage stakeholders to positively respond to questions, enquiries and requests to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment where the speed of response is critical to success
Our nice to haves
- Experience in Agile, delivering incremental improvements to systems and processes
- Experience within the Insurance industry