This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading tech consultancy specialising in chat and voice bots, machine learning, IoT, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and EAS, app, and web development. It is a fast paced working environment where employees are exposed to bleeding edge technologies.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Development Manager you will lead a team made up of junior, mid-level and senior Developers; whilst leading and managing web applications, web technologies and web standards (including accessibility) across the Digital Development teams and products. The role will be 80% hands off.
- Build and lead a team or 20+ engineers through mentoring, feedback and hands on approach.
- Encourage a timely delivery or technical solutions to address client needs
- Review codes
- Manage applications in production
- Guide the team in the design and development of highly scalable and performant systems
- AWS (Must be certified)
- Hands on coding experience (We don’t mind what language)
- 4 years’ experience of leading engineering teams in an agile environment
- Strong development experience working in a Cloud and Microservice environment
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes
- Experience managing products in production
- Experience of agile software development methodologies such as, SCRUM
- An advanced understanding of the principles of digital web design and architecture
- Strong experience of build and build automation
- Experience of recruiting, setting up and managing high performance teams
- £60k basic salary plus excellent bonus structure
- Great benefits