Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Responsible for providing Business Intelligence (BI) report development, creation of datasets, marts and warehouses. This will also entail supporting and analyzing large and complex business data in partnership with internal business teams. The role will entail driving the use and ongoing adoption of data and analytics for our internal and external customers across the globe. This role will lead on innovation and development whilst promoting and delivering best practice in the business intelligence field. This will also include the improvement of legacy systems whilst designing for the future by utilizing the latest tools, processes and disciplines in Business Intelligence. This position works under limited supervision and exercises decision making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise within the BI team, identifying and implementing process improvements that drive efficiency and return on investment using BI strategies and tools
- Develop a broad range of, often complex, reports using strategic Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools these to include IBM Cognos Report Studio, Framework Manager, SAP Business Objects, Power BI, (Structured Query Language) SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services (SSIS) and Server Analysis Services SSAS).
- Design, build, query and maintain Direct MS-SQL (Structured Query Language), Oracle views and procedures.
- Research and prepare business reports to a high standard and in line with the current suite of published customer reports.
- Gather requirements for reporting from the Cubic Business Domains.
- Participate and provide guidance where required, in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) submitting work for technical test, cosmetic test and applying re-work when required.
- Make the data available efficiently and accurately.
- Dimensional Modelling (Kimball Methodology), database principles and ETL (Extract, Transform and Load).
- Coordinate and maintain the reporting requirements backlog, working with stakeholders to deliver value at the right time.
- May be required to perform duties as BI System administrator (Release, Security & Server).
- Lead the creation of new reporting and improvement to existing reporting commitments
- Responsible for the BI system infrastructure availability and batch support in partnership with Technology teams.
- Lead and implement continuous improvements to the BI outputs as part of RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) following incidents.
- Develop and deliver BI requirements as part of wider project teams for new and existing customers.
- Provide training and guidance to the wider team, promoting best practice and process improvement
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Experience of interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and communicating with a varied audience
- Proven expertise in creating Power BI datasets and dashboards.
- Proven expertise in the development and maintenance of IBM Cognos v10 (+) environments and reports.
- Proven expertise in Crystal/WEBI reports development
- Ability to navigate complex databases with SQL (Structured Query Language) across multiple platforms.
- Ability to create and maintain reporting datasets in multiple database platforms. (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience of using multiple ETL tools. SSIS, Informatica PowerCentre, Talend etc.
- Experience of Data Science / Big Data methodologies and Toolsets. (R, Python etc.)
- Experience of Cloud based Infrastructure i.e. Microsoft Azure
- Experience in transportation industry data
- Experience of training or leading technical colleagues
Education and qualifications
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent education/experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent within a relevant field or equivalent education/experience
- A self-motivated, focused individual with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Commercially and technically astute with sound judgment and a penchant for detail.
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Can be flexible, with the ability to find a solution to problems.
- Able to work effectively with remote management.
- An analytical thinker with a high level of curiosity
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.