The role of the test data engineer is to design, build, test and deploy test data management framework products and services for the test and assurance team. To fulfil this role, the test data engineer applies appropriate test data management technologies to meet the short and long-term goals of the testing organisation. The objective is to automate as much as possible the provision and maintenance of appropriate data sets aligned to test manager’s needs working closely with data architects and data scientists to understand the integrated data models and landscape of the systems under test.
Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Test Data Manager, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
- Engages with project teams early in project life-cycle to determine and collect test data requirements. Partners with teams to ensure the needed data is correctly selected, obfuscated, seeded and conditioned in all needed data systems in the test environments.
- Provides technical leadership and strategic direction for their area of speciality.
- Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements for test data delivery.
- Participates across the development lifecycle
o Unit test, where the application developer designs the code to enable effective and repetitive unit testing as part of the build process.
o System / System Integration test, by developing automated solutions to increase test execution efficiency either by introduction of tooling and/or by the creation of automated test cases
o Regression test
o Performance test
o Operational Acceptance test
- Actively participates in the development of test strategies, test estimating, test planning.
- Can work as part of a scrum team with Product, BA, Developers, and Architects
- Works collaboratively with developers so that test failures are found as early as possible.
- Works with other test practitioners and the test manager to ensure we maintain best test practice across the department
- Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
- Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving a test automation engineer in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes in that area.
- Provides guidance and helps design, configure, implement, maintain and monitor systems that in turn support continuous delivery systems and outcomes.
- Able to work with little supervision, initiates action, self-motivated
We are looking for
- An understanding of the latest test data management trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, and to collaborate
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in test data tooling and delivery
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically test data provisioning and agile development environments
- A strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background and good communication abilities are essential.
- Experience Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals with a minimum of 4yrs practical experience
- Demonstrable experience evidencing design for test data provisioning in an automated framework covering complex integrated processing landscapes with multiple data sources.
- Practical knowledge of Windows & Unix/Linux
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL or other relational databases e.g. Oracle, DB2 or MYSQL0
- Practitioner experience in using test data management tools e.g. Informatica TDM, CA Data Maker, Compuware Test Data Manager …
- Extensive working experience in integration, system, regression testing, risk based testing, data centric testing
- Experience in using software development techniques like KANBAN