Job description/Person specification
Senior Systems Engineer – Cyber Intelligence
Malvern, WR14 3PS
The world’s data and the systems that hold it face challenges every day, security is paramount, we help our customers protect the independence and integrity of their critical infrastructure, improve the interoperability of their systems and help them test, evaluate, experiment, exercise and train their employees in defending their critical business systems to reduce and overcome threats before they happen. As a Senior Systems Engineer with QinetiQ you will be leading technical engineering activities through the full engineering lifecycle, working in and leading multidiscipline technical teams in a project/programme focused environment.
- Working either as part of a team or individually to deliver requirements engineering projects to support internal and external customers in their planning and management of acquisition, research or product development activities.
- Supporting the requirements, procurement and V&V phases of projects.
- Analysing stakeholder needs and expectations to elicit, document and manage their requirements for a capability.
- Analysing customer requirements and translating them into logical system requirements and constraints.
- Collaborating with project teams as a solution develops to ensure its continuing compliance to requirements.
- Managing complex information sets.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- An ability to understand and analyse business need (Operational User / Mission Need) and articulate these as requirements; engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to establish and validate this need, and provide supporting argument / evidence to business cases.
- Experience of translating business need into high level requirements and design, at the enterprise level, covering the range of elements that make up capabilities (e.g. pan DLOD, PPITF)
- Ability to work with other Project/Systems Engineering and Subject Matter Experts to develop detailed designs and planning through to planning for integration, verification and validation across, having also undertook IV&V.
- Broad understanding of MOD and industry standard acceptance processes with proven capability rollout (transfer to operations) using Agile (desirable) and ‘V’ (Essential) lifecycles.
- Technical competencies: Cryptography and Key Management, Vulnerability Research (CN*), Cyber Defence, Cyber Exercising, DOORS®, architectures, including enterprise architecting and Architectural Framework (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF), Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Why Join Us?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
In return we’re offering:
- Full-Time, Permanent Position (37Hr Contracted Week & Flexi Working)
- Annual individual and company related performance bonuses
- Pension - Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
- Share Incentive Plan
- Career development across a diverse International organisation
- Flexible Working, Social and family events
- Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position please click apply and we will be in contact