About Alert Logic
Alert Logic® seamlessly connects an award-winning security platform, cutting-edge threat intelligence, and expert defenders – to provide the best security and peace of mind for your business 24/7 – at a lower total cost than point solutions, SIEM tools, or traditional security outsourcing vendors. We offer a new approach to evolving threats, expanding compliance risks, and resource constraints - helping you get the right level of security and compliance coverage across any environment. That’s SIEMless Threat Management. Only from Alert Logic.
Working as an Incident Manager within our Site Reliability Organisation, you will use your initiative to take part in the ownership of process and service issues and work with other support parties (internal and external) to ensure Alert Logic restores affected services to normal operations as quickly as possible. You’ll find a welcoming and supportive culture that is open to new ideas, change and ways of approaching challenges.
We need someone with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, who can respond swiftly to assist in minimizing business disruptions and has a strong understanding of ITIL methodology to create and maintain best practices across a global environment. Partnering with others, both inside and outside of the organization, is critical to your success. As part of this opportunity, your responsibilities will also include contributing to Change Management and Problem Management functions.
Incident Managers must be able to handle various tasks to successfully meet all the demands of this job.
- End to end responsibility for the communication during incidents, and taking part in escalations, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business and Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Acts as the champion of our customers and partners ensuring services provide customer value and the end user experience is positive.
- Proactively manages IT Service availability metrics. Ensures any service trends are raised as problem tickets and actively participates in the problem management process, with the ultimate goal of driving down the number of help calls/tickets and service impacting events globally.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps to establish Root Cause, aid in process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures/systems. Be an evangelist for the Incident Management Process.
- Take part in a follow the sun on-call rotation to include a weekend in every 4 weekly cycles.
Required Skills and Experience
In order to successfully complete all tasks, an Incident Manager needs to possess strong problem solving, analytical and time management skills. They should also be able to apply organizational, critical thinking and oral and written communication skills. An Incident Manager will be an effective team player and leader who can work independently when necessary. Paying attention to detail and handling crisis situations are also important traits for Incident Managers.
Core skills :
- 3 years’ experience in an incident management role within an enterprise scale environment demonstrating strong analytical fault finding, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- 5 years’ experience in a technical role within an enterprise scale environment; security or development focus is a plus.
- Understanding of solving complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- Maintaining incident logs and processing incident reports for review with upper management.
- Providing incident management training for technical support teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Strong service attitude; the ability to develop and build lasting customer relationships.
- Ability to handle and perform in stressful situations.
Advanced skills :
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerBi
- Proficient in using JIRA products and CRM systems
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business and Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures/systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident metrics to the Head of Technology Operations and Operations Centre Manager along with resolution rates.
- Develop and Maintain a Skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Be an Evangelist for the Incident Management Process
Alert Logic is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Alert Logic does not accept unsolicited candidate resumes from recruiting agencies. We will not be liable for and will not pay placement fees for unsolicited resumes submitted to our jobs postings, employees or company locations.