Business Data Analyst: A confident and engaging Business Data Analyst with great SQL and BI reporting experience, in addition to a background in database administration, is required to provide readily accessible, clearly presented management information for a passionate, family owned, industry leading soft fruit grower with unrivalled state of the art growing facilities across multiple sites throughout the South of England.
The successful Business Data Analyst will join a small, dedicated and friendly IT team to play a leading role in in building and delivering BI, data and reporting solutions. Previous experience of working within the horticultural/agricultural industry is not required, although applications from candidates with knowledge of Qlik and WhereScape are particularly welcome.
The Summer Berry Company remain true to the ethos of their forebears: to nurture every plant, person and environment so that they reach their full potential. Family values form the cornerstone of the company, driving a focus on prioritising the key elements that are important to everyone who works with them.
- The identification, design and implementation of business system and process improvements.
- Provide the business & stake holders with high quality data visualisations and analysis to help answer key institutional questions and enable evidence-based decision making.
- To act as the database administrator for MS SQL Server based systems, including the planning, development and overall ownership of the database infrastructure.
- Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing BI reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Conduct system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications.
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems.
Skills & Experiences
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst, Business Data Analyst or BI Analyst role is essential.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc).
- Highly proficient in querying and modifying in SQL Server including general DBA tasks.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Experience of visualisation tools (Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, Crystal reports etc.).
- Management of an organisation’s data and metadata
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a database focused role.
- Strong experience of installing, administering, and troubleshooting SQL environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Excel and advanced formulas
- VBA or similar scripting knowledge
- Data Warehousing (WhereScape or similar)
- Good understanding of fundamental dimensional modelling techniques
- Technical experience working with business intelligence solutions
- ETL experience
This is a wonderfully exiting opportunity for a Business Data Analyst with the ability to simplify and present complex information in a warm, professional manner, to thrive in a broad ranging role as part of a responsible, ethical and growing team. If you have good interpersonal and customer service skills blended with an attention to detail and the ability to manage stake holder relationships at different levels, apply now!