Our client based near Stockport, Cheshire is currently looking for an skilled BI Team Leader, we are looking for an experienced data specialist to lead and enhance the reporting and analytics team within our clients IT department.
You’ll provide leadership, vision and direction to a team of Business Intelligence (BI) Developers who work within the reporting layer of the business intelligence estate, whilst actively contributing to the delivery of integrated automated and self serve platforms to the business and its clients.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively across all business areas, analysing the business operations and objectives to provide strong and specific understanding of information flows and requested insight.
With a proven track record of leading a team of MI analysts and developers delivering BI solutions, you’ll be a passionate about delivering the right information at the right time to our stakeholders. You are also confident in identifying BI/MI trends and how emerging technologies can be adopted to provision the (self service) reporting layer to all internal and external audiences.
- Develop and maintain Agile operating model for the BI development team
- Lead a full spectrum of Business and data analysis, developing expertise in the core business domains to deliver good MI/BI to internal and external audiences
- Proactively work with business to implementing measurement KPIs and remediate data quality issues
- R&D of innovative solutions based on emerging tools and technologies in the reporting later of BI to help deliver business and technology strategic objectives.
- Analyse data sets and effectively communicate insights, trends and patterns that enhance the opportunities available to our customers and the business.
- Proactively develop the standard operating model to work with the DataOps, DevOps, UX, Development and IT Business Alignment team for improving data quality, visualisation, modelling and undertaking collaborative experiments, and projects.
- Passionate about helping colleagues, hunger to make a difference, and a high degree of self-motivation
- Must be a confident and assertive individual with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Continuous professional development. You must learn advanced tech tools and methodologies.
- Professional attitude towards our customers and colleagues
- Independent, confident and at ease in a dynamic organisation
- Good sense of humour, winning hearts and minds
Attributes and Experience required
- You can demonstrate experience in all aspects of the BI lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, and development of quality business intelligence solutions that will improve business insights
- Team Leadership, Management experience
- Experience analysing data using the Microsoft SQL stack
- A solid understanding of databases, ETL and data warehousing
- Nice to have: Experience with Cloud technology and Event Sourcing.
- Knowledge and skills in data management, data insight and data quality principles and methodologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and issue resolution skills
Benefits include flexible working and on-site parking.