Software Quality Assurance Engineer (12 month maternity cover)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Product & Innovation digital development team on a 12-month maternity cover, full time basis, 35 hours per week.
It is an exciting time for our digital development team who are currently going through a period of growth. The team work across a range of new product and services for Golden Charter and its UK network of independent funeral directors. This is a relatively new space for digital technology and, as a result, we are in a domain which encourages new, innovative solutions.
- Work with team to ensure quality of new and existing applications in a CI/CD environment.
- Perform functional testing either manually or using appropriate tools.
- Perform regression testing.
- Identify, record, document and track defects.
- Participate in release testing.
- Participate in and provide input during QA process improvement initiatives.
- Use of cross browser testing web-based applications: front-end, back-end and E2E — from manual, exploratory techniques, regression coverage.
- Effectively collaborate with the QA Engineer on testing strategies.
- Proven relevant experience of testing web-based applications: Front-end, Back-end / E2E, Cross-Browser
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving aptitude
- Strong organisation skills
- Experience using Agile / Lean development principles
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber QA tools
In return, you will receive:
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced family friendly leave and pay policies
- Access to a retail discount website
- Onsite masseuse
We may bring the vacancy closing date forward depending on the response rate to this advert