Are you an experienced Data Scientist with the ability to collect, analyse and model data? Are you looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to enhance a business and contribute to its success?
If so, we are looking for a senior Data Scientist to work in our Products stream. You will be responsible for leading our Data Science function whilst also managing your own day-to-day workload. We are looking for someone who can drive the direction of our data scientists, encouraging best practice and ensuring the team deliver their objectives.
Keoghs is the leading provider of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We have a positive working culture so, as a member of the Keoghs IT department, you will engage with a great team who love new technologies. We have a fast-growing working environment, where we empower and trust our team to work independently whilst also pulling together to achieve our objectives.
- You will recommend statistical/machine learning tools and technologies to prototype new concepts.
- You must be able to carry out statistical analysis including data modelling & hypothesis testing.
- You must be able to retrieve and collect open and closed data sources, including data processing, cleansing and verification.
- Where applicable, you will work with developers to integrate specialist third party applications.
- You will be the subject matter expert for machine learning techniques, aiding the development of solutions for real world problems.
- You will be a mentor and coach to less experienced colleagues.
- You will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Programmes to ensure IT objectives are achieved
Experiences, Skills & Qualifications:
We work to an Agile Scrum framework and are currently undergoing a transition to DevOps so it would be great if you have experience in these areas.
You will be an expert in machine learning & data classification and will also have demonstrable experience in Python. Any legal/case management experience would also be a bonus.
- Teamwork – You will contribute actively to an environment in which colleagues work cooperatively with each other.
- Agile – Experience of Agile Scrum methodology is an advantage.
- Concern for Excellence – You must understand the Principles of Excellence at Keoghs and how these are applied to the way Keoghs runs its business.
- You must understand and adhere to Keoghs Shared Values.
- You will be self-motivated with a strong work ethic who can work without supervision.
- You must show a highly committed attitude.
- You must have good analytical skills, methodical, accurate and show great attention to detail.
- You will be able to communicate in clear and concise manner both written and verbal.
- You must be flexible/adaptable to change.
How we will support you:
- We are flexible with working hours and will generally work around your needs where we can
- We support working from home, all we ask is that you come into our office in Bolton two days’ a week to aid collaboration
- We will provide you with support from our Head of IT Products and our Head of IT Capabilities to learn and improve our working practices
- We will provide you with a coach to support you with your professional development plan
- You will find that your colleagues are down-to-earth and make for good team-mates
What you can expect from us:
- A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
- Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days)
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance Bupa
- Health Cash Plan
- Life assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- PHI/Income Protection
- Pension Contribution based
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
- Tech Scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Car Parking Scheme*
- Gym Flex*
- Access to Online Discount Sites
- Discounted Gourmet Society Membership
- Discounted Tickets for Merlin Attractions nationwide
- Discounts at local retail outlets
- after successfully completing probation
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
- We listen, are down to earth and supportive
- We work together towards a common goal
- We’re friendly with a can do attitude
- We care about our clients
- We evolve
Keoghs is a Disability Confident employer and we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates.
If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact or telephone Show phone number and ask to speak to Recruitment.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
Keoghs Bolton Belmont