Head of Business Intelligence (BI, SQL, Visualization)
A leading IT solutions provider are looking to hire an Experienced Head of Business Intelligence to join a talented team in Reading. The Head of Business Intelligence (BI, SQL, Visualization) will be accountable for the overall BI service within the business- ensuring timely delivery of contractual customer reporting and dashboards- ensuring SLAs are met.
Responsibilities for the Head of Business Intelligence (BI, SQL, Visualization):
- Responsible for driving positive change in the team and wider business, improving and expanding the data service to deliver genuine commercial advantage to our services and customers
- Responsible for management and co-ordination of the business intelligence team to meet business commitments and priorities. Ensuring good employee engagement and performance
- Responsible for management of the incoming work requests and the process, working with the wider business and customers to scope, plan, schedule, provide status updates for BI work requests
- Responsible for monitoring data quality, security and accuracy of data flowing through the system and escalating concerns in these areas to the relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring that processes, schedules and knowledge is documented and shared - minimising bottlenecks and key person dependencies within the BI team
- Responsible for fostering a continuous improvement culture
- Day to day management and co-ordination of the team - running daily stand-ups, triage calls, catch-ups, performance reviews, holidays, development plans etc
- Regularly meet with key internal and customer stakeholders to understand their business needs and BI team performance.
Key skills for the Head of Business Intelligence (BI, SQL, Visualization):
- Has significant experience managing an operational BI team of at least 5 people in a commercial environment. (Leadership, Performance management, co-ordination, motivating, engaging)
- Has significant experience managing diverse customers and internal stakeholders. (Credible, Professional, excellent communication, can guide and bring stakeholders on a journey)
- Experience in designing, building, developing and implementing BI using a visualisation solution (Power BI, Sisense, Tableau, QlikView)
- Knowledge of database designs and relationships of links (MS Excel, SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, Datawarehouse)